Fire is a damage type in Demon's Souls.
- 1 General Information
- 2 Defense
- 3 Offense
- 4 Utilization
- 5 Enemies
Fire damage can be dealt by touching fire (besides on mounted torches), magma, or extremely hot objects, or by the exploding wisps found in 2-2. Objects, characters, and enemies that are hit with fire damage are briefly enveloped in yellow-orange flames.
Leveling up any stat will increase fire defense, but Endurance increases it at the fastest rate.
- The Binded Set has high fire defense for its weight, as does the Ancient King's Set.
- The Brushwood Set has very high fire defense.
- The Ring of Flame Resistance confers a bonus to the wearer's fire defense.
- The Dull Rat's Ring increases all defenses by 50% when the player's HP is at 30% or less of maximum.
The Dragon Bone Smasher confers a 20 point bonus to the wielder's fire defense while holding it.
The Clever Rat's Ring raises all damage dealt by the player by 50% when the player's current HP is at 30% or less of maximum.
Enemies that Deal Fire Damage
The following NPCs and enemies are capable of inflicting fire damage.
- Dregling (Flaming sword type)
- Red Dragon
- Blue Dragon
- Boletarian Soldiers (Except archers)
- Fat Official
- Scale Miner (Hot iron type)
- Fire Lizard
- Rock Worm
- Depraved One (Spearmen)
- Red-painted barrels in the Boletarian Palace (Explode when hit with fire damage)
- Magma in 2-1, 2-2, and Flamelurker's boss chamber (Magma in the latter area deals much less damage than elsewhere)
- Exploding Wisps in 2-2
Enemies that Resist Fire Damage
The following enemies and NPCs have particularly high fire defense relative to their other defenses.
Enemies that Are Vulnerable to Fire Damage
The following enemies have particularly low fire defense relative to their other defenses.